Saturday, June 19, 2010

Toronto: The Best Facial EVER


a diamond in the rough: Pure + Simple
If we flashback to 2000, I would have been in the throes of a spa addiction – my substance of choice was the facial. I tried every spa in Toronto that met the following criteria: clean, reputable, fashionable decor, and quality products. Those few factors narrowed down the field a lot. My extravagant hobby imparted the following lesson: money disappears like water and most spas don’t know what they’re doing.

Let’s come back to the present. I came across Pure + Simple about a year ago. I read about them online and decided to give it a try. I went to the King Street location and saw Amy, a senior aesthetician. It was the best facial I’ve ever had. Here’s why:
  • Expertise: Being an expert is more than regurgitating what you read. The staff KNOW what they’re talking about.
  • Principles: They take an Ayurvedic approach to skincare, and while I personally don’t put much weight in naturopathic medicine, Pure + Simple’s holistic approach is based on real health principles and regular aesthetic practice.
  • Knowledge: They don’t push products, they push knowledge. I have been seeing Amy for a while now, and I trust her. While she occasionally recommends products, she never 'sells'. She takes the time to explain what I should do and why.
  • Products: They sell a wide range of products, including their own line, which I really like.  They have high quality natural ingredients at an affordable price point. I am addicted to their Detoxifying French Clay Mask. It reduces redness, helps with skin circulation and can be used a spot treatment for pimples.
  • After-Care: Most times when you leave the spa after a facial, your skin is red and blotchy. Immediately after my Pure + Simple facial, Amy handed me a mirror: my skin was glowing.  In the following weeks my skin continued to look smooth, bright and hydrated. I was hooked.
  • Value. Their services are reasonably priced. One could always argue that steep fees at haughty places such as Stillwater are for quality service and the ambience of a first-rate spa, I would say you are wrong. Inferior service is everywhere, and snobbish personalities run rampant in places like this. Pure + Simple proves that quality shouldn't come at a premium.  The attention and care you receive far exceeds the money you pay. They also have monthly specials – how can you not love a sale?

Pure + Simple does one thing and they do it perfectly. I challenge you to find another spa in Toronto that does all of the above.
 
This month the Extreme Clean Deep Pore Facial was on sale for $79 (from $99). I had my appointment this morning. It was an hour of complete decongestion for my skin, and relaxation for my scalp, décolleté, arms and legs. My skin was lovingly poked, prodded and pampered. I’m so happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.