Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lashes: Coloured Mascara


life is better in colour
Coloured mascara is one of my trademarks. It's usually purple, but sometimes I do blue. Finding the right shade for your lashes is trial and error. And not everyone can pull it off. The only way to know is to try it out and see what feedback you get. Or be like me, so long as you like it, do it.

MAC used to have the best purple mascara…used to. You guessed it, they discontinued it and never released a parallel product.

In my search for coloured mascara I found three I love: Sephora’s Lash Plumper in Blue, Benefit’s BADgal in Plum, and Physicians Formula’s Shimmer Strips for Brown Eyes. The latter is a double-ended tube with purple and black (I never even opened the black side because I don’t like their mascara otherwise).

FYI: purple accentuates brown eyes. I’m not sure what blue does, but it’s fun!

I think I’m going to try teal and see how that works out for me. I’ll let you know.

Keep in mind, coloured mascara compromises length, but it's negligible. You can do what I do: My first coat is my basic mascara, and the second is colour. I find that tones down the tint a bit. Just be careful because mixing mascaras decreases their lifespan. 
I have a tenancity for mixing/layering make-up, clothes, men, just kidding.  Well not about the first two.  I think mixing colours is the best way to find the perfect hues and tones for your face, just don't go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.