Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lashes: Treatment


they promise longer, fuller lashes...most of them are lying
Fact is your eyelashes keep growing. Consequently they’ll also always fall out. It’s the circle of life. I can remember a time when there weren’t too many products available to the public that targeted eyelash growth. Fast forward to now, the market is saturated with them. How will you ever decide? Don’t worry, I’ll help you.

First let’s take a moment to remember one of the first of its kind. It was a little clear bottle with a white handle. At first glance it looks like nail polish. A company called Mavala makes this unassuming bottle. Supposedly it’s made from horse hair mane. My best friend still makes fun of me for this. I don’t care because the story of why I needed it is so tragic.

It was just another random weekday morning. In the hustle and bustle of trying to get to class I ripped out all the lashes on my right eye. The culprit was clearly my cheap dollarstore curler. I’ll get to that another time.

So there I was, bald right eye and all, which, at that point, had started tearing. I went to Shoppers where the cosmetician recommended Double-Lash. Within two weeks, my lashes were back. So I continued using it on both eyes and had noticeable results.

Shoppers no longer carries this product. I heard you can’t buy it in Canada but it can be purchased online or south of the border. I was going to do that, but got distracted by all the new flashier ones in prettier packaging.

The MVP of 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.