Saturday, June 12, 2010

Toronto: Le Petit Déjeuner

a perfect Sunday

:King East:

PD's Eggy Bread
There's nothing better than sleeping in...though the definition of sleeping in changes depending on who you ask. For me, it's 10 am. And there isn't a lot that can get me out of the house on a Sunday, except brunch. I love brunch, you'll see. It's my favourite meal of the day.

There are so many great places to have brunch in Toronto. Each with its own merits and character. But there is only one place that fills my heart with pure joy. J'adore Le Petit Déjeuner. It'd be a hidden gem if it weren't for the line up. The fact that I'll wait in line for this place is the first sign it's damn good. I'm not a big fan of waiting for anything - instant gratification, it's one of my downfalls.

PD, as I like to call it, is a funky restaurant that's just big enough to accommodate you and the few friends you can stand that early in the morning. As soon as you settle into one of their vinyl green booths, a server pops up to see what you want to drink. Their coffee is great, and as you can see, the service is perfection. Sold aren't you? It gets better.  The menu has something for everyone from Belgian waffles to eggs bendedict.  The dishes are perfectly seasoned, garnished, and delivered. They have a killer apple coleslaw - simple, crisp and fresh.  You leave satisfied and full on flavour, not grease. My personal favourite is the eggy bread aka french toast. It's perfectly fried challah bread with the right amount of fresh fruit and a dollop of cream. Mmmmm, bon appétit I say.




Le Petit Dejeuner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.