Saturday, June 12, 2010

Toronto: Black Hoof


calling all carnivores
:Dundas West:

The exterior is plain, the interior is dark. Just the way I like my charcuteries. If you don’t know what a charcuterie is, let me enlighten you with the simple definition I use for my friends since they don’t care for specifics – it’s a branch of cooking that is dedicated to prepared meat products – think sausage, terrine, pâtés, etc. Their dishes are rich and earthy. Everything they make (with the exception of a few things) is made in-house and includes duck confit and pork belly.  But the charcuterie platter is my favourite.  It’s an intelligent offering of perfectly paired items. 

You need a bigger wallet and some patience (because they don’t do reservations), but it’s worth it. The only thing I didn’t like was the bone marrow, not because it wasn’t made well, just because I realized I don’t like bone marrow.


Black Hoof on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.