Monday, July 12, 2010

Montreal: Coco Rico


pollo loco
:St. Laurent:


I refused to eat this for years, but my sister insisted and two summers ago, I tried it. This past weekend I had it again. Mmmmm...it’s so dirty. The best of Portuguese roasted chicken (and pork). 


It’s a divey joint with limited seating which equates to bang for your buck.  A quick (assuming there is no line) delicious feast between shopping. My favourite part is the potatoes – they fill the bottom of their rotisseries with these carby nuggets and let the juice and fat from the meat drip all over them. Oh soooo dirty. I had the pork ribs with a side of macaroni salad and coleslaw. My friend had the chicken.

You can’t eat this a lot. But when I do, the added poundage on my butt is nothing compared to a happy tummy.

P.S. I heart their egg tarts:


Coco Rico on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.