Monday, July 5, 2010

New York: Momofuku


stick a fork in me
:East Village:

The first few times I met Momofuku, it was late. I was so engrossed in my noodles, I didn’t bother to notice that everyone was eating something else. Pork buns. These bite size creations were, according to Momfuku’s Chef David Chang, an afterthought. One will always wonder what would have happened if they never made it on the menu. Luckily we don’t have to and yes, the world is a better place because of these pork buns. You can get them at the Noodle bar, Ssäm bar and the East Village Milk bar – my preferred location.

People are always re-creating it. I even know people who try to pass it off as their own innovative idea, tsk, tsk. Regardless of how many imitations there are, nothing compares to the much-lauded Momofuku original. It’s what genius tastes like.

Update: Toronto got its very own lil' lucky peach.

Momofuku Bakery & Milk Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. OMFG- SO FREAKIN' GOOD! I like the Noodle Bar in the East village... I'd go to NYC just to eat here again!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.