Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New York: City Bakery


eco-friendly, market-fresh, and ooey gooey cookies
:Union Square/Gramercy:

This place is a popular and unique destination. My sister and I popped in on my last trip to New York to refuel ourselves during another epic excursion. Needless to say this was the perfect place to kick up our feet and grab a bite.

Their cookies are famous and available fresh all day because they’re baked every 30 minutes. The salad bar is unlike any other I’ve ever seen – it’s farmer fresh, seasonal and organic.

My personal favourite is their savoury, warm and oh so delectable mac-n-cheese. Let me preface this by saying I love macaroni and cheese. It may be a simple dish, but when executed perfectly – as it is at City Bakery – it can knock you right off your chair, even when it's served in a disposable biodegradable paper bowl.



City Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.