Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Toronto: Blo Dry Bar



blo me
Sue me, I had to go with the most obvious and most cliched tagline.

Meet Blo.  The concept is cute + bubblegum pink + chic.  According to Canadian fashion mags, it's Toronto's first blowout bar - a walk-in one-stop place that meets all your (glorified) blowdrying needs.  Personally, I got swayed by the fact they explicitly state that you're not cheating on your hairstylist - something I would never do.  I adore my hairguy, he is a hairgod.  It took a little more than a year but I finally decided to give it a go.  Here's what happened.


 
They say you get a fabulous blow out for about $30 in about 30 minutes.
But really you get a good blow out for about $45 in about 40 minutes.
  • I'm okay with the fact it took longer, but $37.29 is the bottom line. Now add tip.
  • A simple shampoo and rinse minus a scalp massage. 
  • I didn't get final product or finishing touch.
  • They have several different styles to choose from, including updos.  
  • It was fun. 
  • My hair looked good. 
  

The final word, however, is that I think it's too expensive and not as refined as it could be.  No frills may be the way to go than blo.

2 comments:

  1. i was wondering what hair dresser you went to? i've been looking for someone who can give me a good haircut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous...I actually don't get my hair cut in Toronto. I go to PURE Salon in Montreal...it's worth the 1 hour flight/4 hour train/5 hour drive...in Toronto, I've seen great cuts come out of Salon de Elephant - http://www.salondeelephant.com/. I have a long list of places I would AVOID, including Industry and Toni + Guy, especially the latter because they do NOT know what they're doing nor do they listen to direction. But that's just IMO.

      Delete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.