Saturday, August 14, 2010

Toronto: Burgershoppe Quality Meats aka BQM



OMG

:Ossington:


This roughly refined restaurant sits on the cusp of Little Italy/Portugal Village. BQM settled into this flagship location in the fall of 2008 and has been satisfying its customers since. Its take-out brother is located in Riverdale, and the newest sibling is a diner on Queen that caters to all the hungry little shoppers.

I find it funny that many delicious ideas come to fruition after a Torontonian visits New York. BQM's founder is no different. After heading down south, Saeed Mohamed was inspired to serve fresh, locally sourced burgers. And to me, it tastes like Toronto’s best.

This afternoon my favourite duo and I met up for some quality time, and some quality meat. It`s always hard to pick a burger because their choices all sound so yummy. I’m still working my way through the menu. Today I decided on the Ossington - portobello, mozzarella, balsamic glaze and garlic aioli – while my buddies had the Sirloin Burger. With so many choices (including non-meat ones) and a selection of other tempting dishes – mac n cheese, pulled pork sandwich, etc. – be prepared to take a decisive stand. Whatever you pick, add some fries and gravy. BQM is YUM!

BQM Diner on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Best part about BQM is the $9 pitchers!

    Burger + beer + Queen St people watching = how could you hate summer?

    AC Slater

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.