Thursday, August 19, 2010

Toronto: Gandhi's Cuisine


as long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it.
:Queen West:

Update and photos: September 2011

I find comfort in roti, and Ghandi’s is the best in Toronto. It’s a bold statement, but I stick to it.

I should say, however, that I almost never eat in the restaurant – one because it only fits a handful of people, and two, because I don't think curry will be bringing anybody to my yard anytime soon.  Ha.  Seriously, there are some foods that can really stink up your clothes – Korean barbecue and Indian food are the worst –and this East Indian roti shop is no exception. Take-out is your friend.

The menu has a wide range of varieties from saag paneer (spinach) to butter chicken, all of which taste amazing. How do I know that? I’ve tried every single one. Cross my heart.

A word to the wise: while my spice tolerance is off the charts, Ghandi’s will bring me to my knees. For some reason I can’t take it. So I settle for a mild-medium roti ride to bliss.

There is bad news: It’s not open on weekends.


Gandhi's Indian Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.