Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Toronto: MoRoCo Chocolat


coocoo for cocoa
:Yorkville:



This cute haven is hidden in the courtyard between Cumberland and Yorkville. I like to escape on their patio in the warmer months. There’s something fabulous about being surrounded by pristine white and royal purple while snacking on The S’mores. Oui, the s’mores,; these babies are indulgent and ingenious.

The lounge is dark, rich and masculine, while the boutique is reminiscent of the feminine airy patio. I suppose it’s the best of both worlds.

MoRoCo was one of the first to jump on the macaroon bandwagon that infiltrated Toronto about 6 months ago. They’re no Ladurée, but they’re still yummy. Their focus is otherwise obviously on chocolate and they have a boutique offering different handmade truffles, etc. I personally don’t enjoy the food, but I do like the sweets, especially their trio of crème brulées.



It’s an ideal place for you and your girls to get a sugar fix before heading off to Anthropologie or Augustina. That is indeed a random shout-out to two of my favourite stores.


MoRoCo on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I prefer La Maison du Macaron in Montreal. More cakey.

    Those macarons at Moroco were too chewy and candy-like.

    Laduree was just tasteless, like whipped cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...I'll try La Maison in January while I'm in Montreal! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.