Monday, August 16, 2010

Toronto: Terroni


it's about (multiple) second chances
:Queen West:
:Yonge + St. Clair:
:Financial District:
:Los Angeles: Seriously?

Terroni is...” on shaky ground if you ask me. Critics and friends haven’t stopped chirping about how wonderful this place is. I’ve been a handful of times, and it’s always been “okay”.  Dinner last night was no different.  It was okay. 

No, this is not the start of a bad review, but I’m still waiting to taste what all the fuss is about.

The food is good, but add to that the waiting and the prices and its appeal drops. Restaurants like this should hit a homerun each and every time. Unfortunately, my January meal fell flat on its pretty face. The papperdele I ordered was cold and over-seasoned. Let’s chalk it up to a bad day; everyone is allowed one. I should mention that the service more than made up for it.  Last night's meal was Terroni's second chance.  It was okay.  But I'm not done with Terroni yet.  My friends love it so it's likely to come up as an option sometime in the future.  I'll settle for the fact that it's a good place for a group of loved ones to get together, share a bottle and eat some pasta. Nothing more, nothing less.


Terroni - Queen West on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.