Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Toronto: Wanda’s Pie in the Sky


throw your hands up in the air
:Kensington Market:
I can, have and will eat a whole apple pie. Thank goodness there aren’t too many places in Toronto that can whip up a perfect one. I look for perfect buttery crust that’s a little flaky and between tender and firm. I like my filling fresh, sweet and tart. I know, that’s asking for a lot.

This little pie hideaway was in Yorkville, but formally celebrated its move to Augusta in the spring of 2008. Since then, it bustles daily with people stopping in to satisfy their sweet tooth.


I spent most of Saturday afternoon gorging on all day dim sum, so I figured my stomach could use something sweet to cut through the grease. They ran out so I had to buy a whole pie (grin).


So I suggest you take this weekend as your opportunity to revel in a slice of pie delight, or a little sumptin' else (she’s got cakes, cookies, tarts...). Nothing’s cheap here, but it’s cheerful. You can bat one for two, if you’re Wanda.
Wanda's Pie in the Sky on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.