Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Toronto: Camden Spa


a simple downtown oasis
Forgive me if I can't remember when this spa opened, but I think it was around 2004 or 2005.  It shouldn't matter anyhow, since I wouldn't have had anything nice to say.

This spa has actually received much praise from fashion magazines, but I wasn't a fan, but after my favourite RMT stopped working downtown, I had to find a new one.  I remembered I once saw a good one at Camden, so I decided to go back and find her.

The owners are different, but the same feng shui/zen like jungle (think bamboo) decor prevails.  It's quite soothing, and the spa is quiet, especially considering it's located off of Spadina.

I love Pure + Simple too much to try a facial anywhere else.  Why would I?  Once you find perfection, you stop searching.  Everything else, however, is fair game.  I suggest you get a mani-pedi, and perhaps a body treatment or massage.  My mani and pedi survived one messy party, Halloween, and a birthday.  That's pretty impressive.  I had the pumpkin scrub and I think the best thing about a scrub is that someone does your dirty work.  I can't say it's "nice" to be scrubbed all over, but I know I have less dead skin cells to work with.  My skin has officially been prepped for winter, now moisturize, moisturize, moisturize...

Camden has so many promotions, including daily specials.  If you sign up online you get a spa credit.  If you book a massage right now, you get another credit but you can only use one credit.  Confused?  I know, I think they have one too many "deals" but if you have the fortitude to figure it out, it might just be worth it.  If you're especially frugal, you can purchase a WaySpa gift certificate when they're on special and put it towards one of Camden's specials.  Hell, with so many ways to save, Camden is starting to seem like the No Frills of spas?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.