Thursday, January 20, 2011

fresh by Juice for Life



wholesome...goodness?
:Various:

These restaurants started sprouting up all around town in 1999.  I have eaten here twice in my entire lifetime.  It serves vegan/vegetarian friendly food.  Fresh is most definitely wholesome...but I wouldn't say it's good.


My first meal was a protein shake (yummo) and the black bean burrito ($11.50 for a meatless burrito with gorgonzola, cheese makes everything better).  Look over their menu and you'll get an idea of what you're in for. 

If I absolutely had to eat a healthy no-animal-byproduct meal, I would eat here.  But Jiminy Cricket, when does that happen?  Oh right, August 2004 and last Tuesday.  My wonderful dinner date is participating in a 60-day challenge (the diet and health variety) so I was okay with forgoing taste in lieu of company.  We met at the one at Richmond and Spadina where I had the buddha bowl:


Yes, it was so very fresh what with all those raw cucumbers and tomatoes.  Remind me again, isn't an entire cucumber and tomato about $2?  So the peanut sauce, bean sprouts and 5 tofu pieces make up the other $7.50...

All in all, I felt like I busting from the seams with vitamins and minerals.  Course I ended up eating a burger and a bag of chips when I got home.  Tsk, tsk.

Fresh By Juice For Life on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. That doesn't look appealing at all. Nor does it sound appealing. There are plenty of other vegan/vegetarian dishes that are just delicious

    (Gena of Choosing Raw makes some amazing dishes)

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.