Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Toronto: Dufflet


love it or hate it...will still eat it
:Various:

My relationship with Dufflet "is complicated".

I don't really have a sweet tooth, per se, but even if I did, I find most of their selection off-the-charts sweet.  My teeth are ringing just thinking about it.  And to be honest, I've had a few things that caused me post-food traumatic stress disorder.  Case and point would be the Caramel Dacquoise...it neither looks appetizing, nor does it taste good.  Again, in my opinion.  It might just be the cake-hater in me. 

That said, Dufflet has a few treats I love almost as much doughnuts...

One slice is never enough.
In their "Buttery Bundts & Coffee Cake" family they have a Lemon Zinger cake that is so good I get goosebumps.  A buttery, moist pound cake with a hint of zesty lemon tartness.  Omigoodness, it's so good.  There is no Dufflet by my office, but lucky for me, Dinah's has it.

Serve me up the entire bundt. 

Dufflet Pastries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.