Friday, January 7, 2011

Vancouver: My Favourite Canadian City


same old me, just 10 lbs more
Bonjour mes amies…did you miss me?

It has truly been a whirlwind of a month. I can’t say I feel like I got a vacation…which isn’t to say I wasn’t off doing fabulous things. I did, I just need sleep. Desperately.

I know I shouldn’t complain, after all, I spent the holidays on the west coast in the company of loved ones and other remarkable people in one of the most picturesque cities in the world. Yes, I adore Vancouver that much.

I started my trip by getting a little business out of the way. Business = shopping.  It's not fun and games you see.  It’s an exercise in efficiency, composure, anger management, and of course, finesse.  One must maneouvre crowds, avoid landmines aka annoying tweens, fanatic “deal” hunters and the rude humans while looking fabulous and effortlessly flawless.  Being one of the most efficient shoppers to ever live on planet Earth, I approach it with one goal. Get in, get stuff, and get out. Every shopping mission starts with a cup of coffee, and ends with a glass of bubbly.  When in Vancity, I, a loyal Starbucks girl, hit the first Blenz I see. For me, it’s like having a Jaggerbomb after drinking Vodka-Redbulls all night long. Aaaiiiiyeee.

I wasn’t able to hit a lot of favourite spots (Ajisai…closed January 1 to 10…why, ,why, why?) nor did I manage to get to any of the places that have alluded me to date (like, Toshi…my life remains incomplete...).  But any trip-vacation-holiday is a success if you eat things, new or old, that just make you smile. And my grin came from White Spot and Gyoza King.  A few delish tidbits will follow in the next few days.  Stay hungry my friends, stay hungry.

P.S. I tried something new at Gyoza King, maguro with a quail egg.  Mix, mash, stir and eat.  Love in your mouth.  Seriously.

Parfait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.