Monday, May 2, 2011

Collagen Moisture Filler by L'Oréal


collagen 101
:Average at $28:

The older you get, the more you notice that beauty experts will product drop every chance they get: glycolic acid, vitamin this, vitamin that, it never ends. Of course, the older you get, the more you take notice.

Collagen is one I hear a lot. Although no one really cares what it is, just what it can do. But the nerd in me is just dying to tell you. Put simply, collagen is a naturally occurring protein – one of skin’s basic building blocks. It makes sense then that putting it into your system would help your skin’s health. I’m not here to debate the power of collagen – I believe it works. My beef is with the price. Collagen products are, by their very nature, expensive. So imagine my delight when I found an day-night cream by L'Oréal:



It’s reasonably priced at about $28 (I got mine on sale for $22.99, good old Shoppers), granted it’s not a concentrated serum, but then again, I don’t need that. My anti-aging needs are basic, a little bit like simple multiplication. If my face reaches calculus levels, I'll revisit spending more moolah for a high-end serum.

This cream – which I use at night – give a little plump to my face and puts the bounce back in my cheeks. You may have noticed other beauty bloggers out there telling you that they saw dramatic instant results (just like the box says), but I think that’s just silly. I can tell you this much: One month in, and my skin has never felt better. Granted I have so many players in my regimen it’s hard to say who’s the MVP, but everyone matters.


Like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.