Monday, May 2, 2011

Jade Rose by Chanel


an investment, or just plain frivolous?
:Pricey at $28:

As I stood at Holt’s hypnotized by their array of pretty Chanel nail colours I had the following conversation in my head:

Smart me: $30 nail polish…really? Is that necessary?
Stupid me: Of course it is…it’s Jade Rose. You’ve been wanting it for a while.
Smart me: But really, I’m sure OPI or Essie has a similar colour. Look at all the faux Paradoxals out there.
Stupid me: They might, but imitation is never as good as the original. And it’s perfect for spring…






Smart me: So true, so true…If I don’t get a manicure all month, I’ll break even…
Stupid me: Exactly.
Smart me: $30 nail polish…really?
Stupid me: Do it.

 





It seems even the best of us fall victim to our worst half. So I left Holt’s, with two bottles of Chanel polish.  And in case you couldn't guess the answer?  Chanel polish is no better than OPI or Essie - it doesn't last longer, it doesn't have special powers, it's just C-h-a-n-e-l.  It seems I have issues, but don’t we all?

Love,

The Girl with the Jade Rose nails

2 comments:

  1. If you're ever able to compare let us know what would be a good match in Essie or OPI or even other pharmacy brands I love Revlon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle...absolutely! I have been checking, but so far, nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.