Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Montreal: l'entoilage (and stuff)


bakerasian?
:Mile-End/Plateau:


I love random days...the kind you wake up and walk out with no plan. My sister and I did just that on the Saturday of the long weekend. Randomness can open you up to a world of things you never noticed. And if you're due for some positive karma, those good things come in threes.

First we found a cute boutique - Unicorn - with some fabulous jewellery. Fantastic, unique pieces at a great price point. It reminded me a little of Oak + Fort in Vancouver, less some edge.

Then, I needed a toilet and a snack. That didn't sound bad until I wrote it. But you know how it is...you're wandering and then it hits you “the need to pee”. And being the princess I be, I don’t just pee anywhere.  Hotels are my go-to public washroom, but if there are no hotels in sight, I determine cleanliness by decor and storefront signage aka font and colour choice. I know...it’s weird.

I saw l'entoilage and liked the sign (must be the star) so we went in. It's a bright little cafe that really plays up the fusion side of things with their green tea everything. They had something that really piqued my interest: black sesame shortbread. Huh. They also had okonomiyaki for lunch, but I wasn’t hungry so I didn’t get a chance to try it. But I’m sure I’ll be back in the Mile-End in a month or so, and I may just go back to see what’s for lunch.

While I was using their facilities, my sister had ordered me my cookies and a pink grapefruit green tea! J'aime pamplemousse!



L'Entoilage on Urbanspoon

And finally, the third good thing...and this is big. Consider it a little reward if you made it through this long-winded post. I am about to tell you where you can find a huge (think wall-to-wall) selection of jeans...supercheapo.


Jeans Jeans Jeans!

It used to be in a crowded basement, but they moved a block away to a new location at 5525 Casgrain. I came across this blog post and thoroughly enjoyed it: http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/blog/what-to-do/where-to-buy-jeans-a-la-montreal/ - so I'm sharing.

Brace yourself – trying on jeans is work.  It’s less crowded than their first location, but the change rooms are just as tiny and no frills, but really – who cares. The service is excellent and the staff know their sh*t – I can't put it any other way. The guy there simply looked at me, I told him what I wanted, then he started yelling to some other woman – I need this in a that in a this and a that. Two minutes later, someone threw down seven pairs of jean for me to try on.

They have great brands like 7 for Mankind, Joe, Fidelity, William Rast, Rock and Republic, etc. (no Citizens, boo). All super discounted. So many jeans at 25%, 50% and 75% off. Go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.