Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Anniversary


Support. It's what nations are built on.

Year One.

Happy anniversary to me, myself and I!!! J’aime ma vie!

It's been a year since I started this blog...and I would like to thank all the strangers who have passed through, even just once.

I recently gave more thought to sharing this hobby of mine with my entire social network. While it would definitely increase traffic, I will continue as is...for now.

Over the past year, however, I have, in fact, shared this with trusted friends and family; I quickly learned the difference between real and feigned support. How? I put Easter eggs in my posts...it's like Lost, only no one cares.

In celebration of graceful glutton’s one year anniversary, I want to give a special cuddly shout-out to those real supporters...
  
My sister's bark is so much worse than her bite.
She's all ruff....ruff and no chomp.
My sister. You're special. Wish you would smile more and scowl less.  


My sister and her girls.
© some Victoria Secret article
My sister's girls. She tells me you visit my "secret blog". To that I say...f*ck ya. Vancity girls are the classiest. I salute you.



Crackers aren't just great...they're amajing!
Saltine aka Cracker. You will always be more than a friend to me. Miss you, especially when bad tv is on.

Lemons.
Aerie.  There have been sour spots, but I will always love my lemon because I know you support anything I do.  Even if I were to run off and join the circus to play and eat bananas with a monkey.

Smart @ss
©Jimmy Neutron
Jimmy. Our circle of overlap is tiny, but you still manage to know everyone. Stop socializing. Actually don't…I kinda need you to keep taking people to places I recommend. 



Everyone should have one friend with whom you are transparent.
My BFF and his lady. I get random visits from south of the equator. I assume that's you two. It better be. 



Gerberas are happiness, just like them.
The three wonders. To the three women who always raise the bar of my moral conscience and good heart. I don’t see you often, but your presence is always remembered.  I know for one of you “secrets” are hard to keep so thank you for guarding mine but still visiting.

To my followers...heaps of thanks…you don't even know me but you like my blubberings. They like you too.


And finally...to everyone else. Hearts.



100 views a day.

Year Three.

Two more years have passed and I'm still blogging.  The biggest success to date is my average daily page views of 100.  That may not seem like a lot compared to other food blogs - but it is for one that is neither advertised nor advanced through social media.  I've also somehow managed to rise the charts and am proud of how consistently I was in Urbanspoon's top 10 for Toronto and Montreal.  Even if I drop (which I have in Montreal), I appreciate every achievement.  

Another happy thought has been all the positive feedback I've gotten from the Yelp Community.  I've been nominated several times by fellow Yelpers to join the Elite team.  I've declined the offers because I am still not prepared to share so openly.  I still find blogging a personal exercise, in that the anonymity I get from my personal network is a welcome escape.  

To everyone who continues to support me, especially with my recent move out west, thank you.

Stay fat and roll on.  Besos,

graceful glutton

2 comments:

  1. "Like" NO! "Love" <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post!! your friend who has your umbrella xo

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.