Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Toronto: Tequila Bookworm


hotties in hipsterville
:Queen West:

Miss Laylay's
Grilled cheese sans avocado

Once upon a time there was a cafe called Tequila Bookworm.  She was rundown and smelled a bit stale - but loved by her patrons.  She served a yummy bagel (Montreal ones of course) with smoked salmon and capers and the most heavenly homemade waffles.  She was down-to-earth and welcomed everyone. 

She became a place I could turn to in hard times.  Where I could sit and cram for hours over cups of coffee.  She was a great girl.

Then I finished school and we sort of drifted apart.  Because you know, people change.


But some old flames never really go out. (One of my dearest friends recently pointed that out...but I digress...yet again). 

A few of my fellow divas and I decided to get together and we headed to Tequila.  She welcomed me back with open arms.  There was no awkward reunion.  Just back to the old routine.  She was different though...all grown up.  She also got a face lift and some new shiny baubles, including a rooftop patio.


Quaint...secluded...private

So we ladies decided to pay hommage to the sun and get a little Vitamin D fix. We drank sangria ($5 a glass!) and ate, oh did we eat:

MINE
Roasted red peppers, goat cheese and walnuts

Miss A's
Smoked salmon benedict with gazpacho - mmm, cold soup
Miss Joy's
Grilled cheese with avocado

And so, everyone lived happily ever after.

The End.

P.S. People always ask me by what I mean by 'diva'.  Well, if I'm referring to my sister I'd say "a diva is a female version of a hustler"...cuz boy can she can reign in the men.  But generally speaking, divas comes in all shapes and sizes and almost never share similar interests.  They do, however, have one thing in common: They don't take sh*t from anyone.  They make dumb (by dumb I mean insecure) people feel little, and stupid (by stupid I mean crazy) people feel dumb.  Oh yes, life is always about coming full circle.

Tequila Bookworm on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.