Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tinted Moisturizer by Laura Mercier


to tint or not to tint
:Pricey at $50:

By now it should be crystal clear that I do not use foundation.  I don't review it because I don't even want to try it. 
That said, there are rare occasions when I need to put forward a "perfect" face.  In search of a foundation substitute, I played around with some tinted moisturizer. I've also tried something called BB cream.  When I was in Asia a couple of years ago, it was EVERYWHERE.  For more information on BB cream, go check out that girl I told you about yesterday.  After further perusual, I decided I like her.  Something about her is genuinely sweet.  And oh, she uses foundation and BB cream.

Laura's moisturizer has a lot of support.  In Style listed it as a "Best Beauty Buy" in May 2011, and it made Allure's "Best of Beauty" in September 2010. 

Now introducing Laura's tinted moisturizer:

That's a dollop of nude.  The colour may not be exactly right for me. 
I will continue experimenting.

Left of the Line - Bare
Right of the Line -  Moisturized
That's pretty neat.  It won't mask imperfections, but it seems to give your skin a nice sheen.  It blended well and left my skin hydrated and natural looking.  My analysis would be that the pigments reflect the light to minimize uneven skin tone.

I'm not entirely sold on schlepping this on my face everyday, or even once a month.  I like fresh flesh so that every spot, scar, and indent can breathe free.  But, I would use this for special occasions. 

Like it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I've been SO tempted to try the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer--I don't wear foundation, and I thought this might be a nice first step.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.