Friday, November 25, 2011

Toronto: The One That Got Away


did he really get away?  or did you let him go?
:King West:

 

I have been waiting and waiting to eat here.  "Everyone" already came and went.  Now it's my turn.

I love the name (course if it got away, how'd they catch and cook it?)  I'm not sure how the name came about or what it is they're playing on, but that's okay because I love fish & chips and this place does sustainable fish - cooked on demand.  If I had to sum it up, I'd say this place is like Big Smoke but instead of meat, it's all about fish.  Same idea: simple drop-in decor and eat-in seating, reasonable prices, custom choice menu, and fresh ingredients made-to-order.  It is a winning formula.


Halibut is a classic so we ordered that:


And then I had to get the Barramundi because I like saying it:


I will definitely go back.  Although there was a bit too much excess batter, the fish inside was so buttery and meaty that I can still say I really liked it.  The fries were delicious, of course.  I've never had bad chips at fish & chips.

Next time I will be coming for the fish tacos...and chips.  Always have to have chips.

The One That Got Away on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to check this place out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there once and liked it but still haven't got a chance to go back

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.