Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Toronto: Smoke's Poutinerie


let them eat poutine
:Various:

 

No this is not the first time I'm trying Smoke's.  Smoke's and I go way back - since the first on Adelaide.

It's not the Quebecois poo-tin I love, it's the downright dirrtttty honkey-tonk, smack-ma-face kind.  I love that too.

They've taken the traditional ingredients to great poutine and added calorie crazed ridiculously good toppings like bacon.  I love bacon.  I love bacon so much I think Canada needs a new holiday - National Bacon Day so that friends and family can gather to eat bacon following a moment of silence to remember the pig.

Over the weekend, after a messy but classy night with my sister, we popped into the Smoke's on Bloor.  She had never tried it. 

It was busy in there - they called number 264 when we entered.  We were number 292.  But they were as speedy as could be and apologized for the wait.  I didn't mind the wait.  I forgot about it, right after he passed me my two boxes.

We shared the bacon poutine (shocker):


And the chipotle pulled pork (a personal favourite):


I couldn't tear my sister away from the poutine.  She loved it. 

In the name of bacon.  A-men.

Smoke's Poutinerie Annex on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of poutine. Too bad since Poutini's is in my 'hood.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.