Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Toronto: Pita Q Restaurant



peeta peeta


Were your holidays full of feasting and fatness?  I hope so.  I don't want to be the only one who ate a family.  I kid, I kid.  After eating at friends' I got back to true form last week.  I spent most of it eating out, starting with one of my all-time favourites, Splendido. I hope to post that within a week or so.

For now, guess what I ate yesterday? The same thing I had the day before. That's right - two days in a row!?!

Late Sunday afternoon I was running errands along Bloor, near Spadina, when I realized I was starving because I hadn't had time to eat all day. Then I remembered that my dear Jimmy Neutron likes Pita Q. I had never gone in because of their signage. It's horrific.

But I trust Jimmy, and he likes it. Chicken shawarmas are 1 for $5 or 2 for $9. I had one on Sunday (and then two on Monday...). It's simple, flavourful, and garlicky. Four sauces - hummus, tahini, hot sauce and some other garlic infused goodness – shaved chicken, turnips, pickles, fresh lettuce and tomatoes. I prefer to skip the onions and parsley.

Then they toast it. Not everyone does that. Everyone really should.

It was delicious. Cheap and cheerful. I really need that right now. I spent the last two-and-a-half weeks having way too much fun. Too much fun means my pants don’t fit and I'm haemorrhaging money.
But good times are priceless, aren't they?

It's good to be back. I said that already...didn't I.

Pita Q Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.