Monday, January 16, 2012

Toronto: Spring Rolls


you can't make your heart feel something it won't
:Yonge + Bloor:

I'm not a Spring Rolls eater.  I make the odd exception for newness - they started serving all-you-can-eat lunch for about $15 (Monday to Friday) per person.  Bana was excited about ordering some gyoza and cheese dumplings.  I was excited to see Bana

The menu has a wide assortment of dim sum, thai, chinese, and sushi.  No wait, I take that back, they don't actually serve sushi.  The spicy tuna roll had some random hot sauce, and the dragon roll had smoked salmon.  It's highly offensive.

Calling this sushi is like saying Madonna is humble.
You got that right?
Nevetheless I am still taking five minutes out of Monday to tell you that about their lunch buffet because it was 50/50.  50 percent of me didn't mind it, and the other 50 percent of me wants to delete his post.

The shrimp rolls were yummy. Shrimp rolls are always yummy.
But like all 50/50s, if you order with a crtitical eye, you can have a decent meal.  Stay away from the sushi, expect less than authentic and you're guaranteed a quick, diverse meal. 

Mango salad
Shanghai noodles

Spring Rolls on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.