Friday, March 9, 2012

Toronto: The Burger's Priest


food is the new religion
:Beaches:

FYI: The new one at Yonge and Lawrence has milkshakes.
I only met Burger's Priest yesterday. 


I'm late the party so I'll avoid all religious puns. Toronto bloggers have covered them all. I'm also Christian so I'm not going to comment on the iconography.

But do you know about BP?  Did you get caught up in the hype?  Have you read all the reviews?  There are so many, and they all say the same thing, over, and over, and over again.  Save and except the 5% that run against the grain.  The biggest complaint from that group seems to be that it fell short of expectation.  I wonder if they know that meeting expectation is relative and dependent on who is doing the expecting.  Some of the minority also took issue with cost.  If you consider that a McDonald's meal, which by the way shurnk in size (that or it was colossal to the eyes of a 10 year old me), is about $9.  I don't think spending $50 for four burgers and two fries is really crazy.  Am I wrong?  Tell me I'm wrong.

Before my dinner date with The Scotsman, Cracker, and Kungfu Panda I researched the not so secret menu.  It took me a while to decide, and I changed my mind about 19 times.  They all sound ridiculously dirttyyyy.  (You can find that menu if you look; I'm not about to lay down here.)

Kungfu Panda is a vegetarian so he went with the Option. 

The Scotsman had the cheeseburger with Jargz (onions fried with mustard, akin to In-N-Out's animal style):

o-m-g
Cracker had the Pope:




holy moly

And yours truly had the High Priest:

Haters say it's "just a Big Mac".  Firstly, what's wrong with a Big Mac.
Secondly and more importantly, when's the last time you had a Big Mac that
filled you up and left you feeling good?
...
I thought so.
We three shared the fries, which were just that, fries.  But I never met a fry I didn't like.

BP starts from a really good foundation.  Meat-eaters get quality beef while plant-eaters get a panko-breaded portobello mushroom cap stuffed with cheese and garlic.  All-eaters get fresh toppings and can build their burger as crazy as they want. 

It's no In-N-Out, but for now, American burgers joints > Canadian ones.  But here in Toronto, through all the hype, and with all the waiting, Burger's Priest was dirrrtyyyy.  The true test of any burger is how it made you feel.  When all is said and eaten, did you feel good?  Or did you feel gross?

I feel good, like I knew I would, so good, so good, I love meat.

The Burger's Priest on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.