Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vancouver: Samurai Japanese


the way of the sushi
:West End:

Hi.  I'm still here.  Well, technically that 'here' meant Toronto.  That's no longer the case.  It's been about two weeks since I returned to Beautiful British Columbia, and it really is beautiful, between the rain.  I am doing my utmost to post, but am facing a five-tonne load of responsibilities.  Consequently, there will be some adjustment pains until I fully get my barrings.  I'm excited to be here and can't wait to eat, eat, eat.
 

This was my first meal out because I took a necessary lunch break between unpacking and moving furniture to meet my sister.

Now, we west coasters know that at a minimum, sushi in Vancouver is sushi.  It's alright and affordable.  Samurai is no different.  I would say it's like they say - best bang for your buck.

It's an easy drop-in restaurant that serves bountiful portions.  The menu is simple and straightforward - just like the food.

Sashimi appetizer $4
I forgot how fat and plump BC sashimi can be...oh.joy.

My all-time favourite: negi toro

Their bento lunch special is $8.
Economically tasty and filling.
The service is friendly and quick.  It's not a place I would bring my parents, but I would definitely drop in for a solo lunch or even a quick dinner with a friend.


Samurai Japanese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.