Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Vancouver: Phnom Penh

mouthfull, mouth full
:Chinatown:



I can't pronounce it.  I've heard it's 'nom-penh', 'puh-nom-penh', 'f-nom-penh'.  I just call it 'nom-nom'.

Vancouverites of all shapes, sizes, races, and backgrounds flock to this Chinatown dive.  I say dive because it really looks like your average Asian eatery.  But when I Google-d it, my search hit the restaurant before its actual origins, that is, Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia.

I loved it so much that had I known what I know now - BEST CHICKEN WINGS EVER - I would have moved back to Vancouver years ago.


Dip in that lemon-pepper liquid goodness.

Order #35 - You won't regret it.
Don't, and you might.
The rest of their dishes are also delicious with so many layers of flavours.  Stars include #35 and butter beef, complex and hearty.  This salty/spicy squid also made me happy:


Fried squid.
I would go more often if it wasn't such a trek - in the winter.  I envision going every week - in the summer.  

My most bib-worthy post.  Best I ever ate.

Phnom Penh 金邊小館 on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.