Monday, April 8, 2013

Seattle: Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts

love fried dough
:Belltown:


By now y'all know I love doughnuts. They're probably my favourite sweet snack. If I ever get married...forget wedding cake, my friends and family know I want doughnuts - doughnuts doughnuts doughnuts everywhere. Would I get Top Pot to cater? Probably not. They're good, but not Top 5, and they sure don't beat my hometown hero: Cartems.

Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts has a cute story, especially how they got their name. Read here.

The doughnut selection at about 3:00 pm on a Saturday.
Like most doughnuteries, Top Pot has cake doughnuts and the usual fluffy ones, as well as fritters, swirls and twists. I can tell you the maple bar (not pictured) seems to be a favourite among patrons. While there, 7/10 people got it. Maybe I should have picked up on it, but I just wanted this:

I like round things more than rectangle things.
I'm not afraid to own my weirdness.
Plain
Both were very good. But just a little too sugary for me. Contrary to what you may think, doughnuts may be made with sugar, but they don't have to be super sweet. That is the key to a GREAT doughnut. Top Pot's are just GOOD. I loved the shop though - a large, two-floor open space loft-like vintage venue with lots of tables, huge amounts of natural light, and a really, really friendly staff.

Top Pot Doughnuts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.