Friday, May 10, 2013

Vancouver: DD Mau

mau down
:Yaletown:


I miss BMB, mostly their kimchi poutine – as delicious as it sounds funky. I hear they opened a second location in Toronto.  Not surprising.  There are more mouths to feed than Queen West can handle...

In my six or so months here, I've discovered that Vancouver is void of 'cheap and cheerful' and 'everyday ethnic'. And then I found DDMau. I liked it so much I had it two days in a row.

If DDMau used the standard banh mi, I would probably LOVE it. But they use their own baguette. It's good but not as good as the super perfect bread...ThatI could eat for days.

Their filling is a perfect grouping of everything I love about viet subs – herby, sweet and sour, meaty and crunchy…



I recommend the lemongrass chicken. Don’t be swayed by the fancy specials. Sometimes the ordinary is extraordinary.





The bun - cold rice vermicelli - is also good...but an afterthought.


DD Mau's ice coffee however – RIP OFF. A tiny cup is $3.50 and mine wasn’t even full. The girl gave me a half-full cup. I ordered two. They were both half-full. That I have zero tolerance for. They lost a star rating on Yelp for it.

DD Mau on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.