Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vancouver: Sabai Thai Spa


Report on Sabai Thai Spa

Website

Location: Coal Harbour
Interior: Natural comfort - wood, bamboo, earthy tones
Ideally For: A place to take yourself, your girls, and your mom

Service: Manicure 
Price: $49
Duration: 1 hour
Details: File, cuticle care, buff, exfoliation, lotion massage, and polish application.
Massage: Great. About 5 minutes...likely the longest I've had for a mani, and great pressure.
Bonus. The Groupon special is available on wayspa.com. It's also available directly from Sabai Thai. 1.5 hours (1 hour massage and half-hour facial) for $109 plus tax (regular price $277).
Comments: Service REALLY is wonderful. Fellow Yelpers have been raving about it, and most of them went with Groupons. Anyone who shops and primps and pampers as much as I do, knows there a minutiae of shame that comes with buying and using these deals. There shouldn't be. Yet there is. I think it has a lot to do with the fact we're treated so poorly when we hand them over. It's much like using Priceline to book a hotel. Everyone wants to save a few bucks when they can, and there are options that let us. Sadly, it costs a bruised ego. 

Not at Sabai Thai. 

99% of their staff were lovely. The other 1%? Well that just my own neuroses. Something about them irked me - could have been their lack of professionalism, or their talk-to-much approach.


Sadly, my manicure did not last. It chipped on day 2. That's where they lost points. Granted, Sparitual isn't known for its longevity. It may have something to do with the fact is organic and vegan. Sometimes added chemicals have their upside.



Either way, I liked it enough to go back. This time I'm going to try their thai massage. It's expensive, but if service and quality remain consistent - they'll become a favourite monthly treat.


It's not a luxurious oasis, but it is a cute little day spa without the pretentious pompous nonsense.


Products: Eminence for facials and Sparitual for hands and feet.

Longevity: Poor

Final Grade: B

Click HERE for Grading System.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.