Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New York: Eileen's Special Cheesecake

just beat it
:Nolita:




Warning: The website opens with an annoying show-tune jingle. It's muted right now because I can't take it. 

Minnie loves cheesecake.

Me? Not so much. But Minnie doesn't make foodie requests often. So Eileen's Special Cheesecake was a NYC priority. It actually turned out to be the perfect pit stop on one of our many 12 hour walks. As we turned the corner there she was, just sitting on a corner of Petrosino Square, calling to us.

Just as we walked in, my favourite Havaianas broke. What are the odds? Story gets better. Minnie had an extra pair of flops in her purse. Again what are the odds? House rules. Which is why I slipped on Minnie's extra pair and my delicate feet never touched nasty New York street.

So one less flip flop and three cheesecakes later:


Pineapple and strawberry.
Creme brulee - like the real deal, only not.

As someone who doesn't like cheesecake, I can objectively say Eileen's are good. The sister probably wouldn't like it as much since she loves New York style cheesecake. Eileen's are rich, yet light and almost fluffy - like there's a bit of air in them. I thought maybe she used a ricotta-cheesecake mix, but then I saw this.Whipped egg whites. Huh. I must adopt that technique in one of my baking experiments. 

If you like cheesecake, I highly recommend Eileen's. For $3.50, I dare you to beat it, beat it, beat it. She also delivers anywhere in the continental US - overnight. Cheesecake delivery. Genius. 

Eileen's Special Cheesecake on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.