Saturday, March 22, 2014

Vancouver: Aphrodite's Pie Shop

oh my gosh
:Kitsilano:




Pie, there's so many ways to love you. Apple, blackberry apple, raspberry rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb, blueberry, pumpkin, pecan, cherry, chocolate banana cream...baby that's a whole lotta love.

Since I was literally next door to Aphrodite's I dropped in. You should probably know I would have just walked by if Ceecee hadn't told me about it. Last week when I told her I was heading to Bioethique she told me there was a great pie shop next to it. That's all it takes to get me to notice you. Get name dropped by one person I respect.

Course it takes a lot more for you to hold my interest. Aphrodite did with this:

$8 for a mini pie.
Expensive but delicious.
They don't have an extensive selection of mini pies, but I'll take what I can get and lucky for me...I like simple and standard: classic apple.

Great crust - held together well but still flaky.
Great ratio of filling to crust.
Great filling - sweet and tart.
I wouldn't trek all the way to Kits for this pie, but I will get it every time I'm there. I guess that makes Aphrodite a friend of convenience. Better that than no friend at all.


Aphrodite's Organic Café and Pie Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring. And remember, love to eat and never stop shopping. Mass consumption is only bad when you don't use your brain. Besos.